Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Update of Sorts

Tuesday Diane goes back to work.
Which means Claire is starting daycare.
Neither of us (Diane, or myself - I think Claire is largely indifferent) are very excited about the idea of Claire spending her days with someone other than one of us, but as we're not independently wealthy, we don't have a lot of choice.
Luckily Diane's mom is going to be able to take her on Tuesdays and Thursdays so Claire will only have to go to daycare three out of five days. Which is not only better for all of us emotionally, but better for us financially as well. Daycare is not cheap.

In other news, I've finally gotten around to seeing Wyatt Earp, and Tombstone.

Both are movies I'd intended to see when they came out on video - 15 YEARS AGO - but never got around to. (15 years. Wow)
They're both worth watching, but I think Val Kilmer, really takes the cake as Doc Holiday in Tombstone. As corny as it is, I think Tombstone is a pretty decent movie.
I think Wyatt Earp is a 'better' movie, but Tombstone is damned entertaining.

Diane's sister, Karen, was home this weekend. I really like my Sister-in-law. Not only is she a swell lady, but she likes to play games - and almost more importantly - she knows how to make Diane play games.

I love my wife, but she is the most stubborn person I've ever met. Ever. There are games she likes - I know this is true - but she will not play them unless she is forced to. I do not have this power of persuasion. Karen does.

So whenever Karen's home, the three of us usually spend an afternoon, or an evening, playing a game or two.

This time we played Cleopatra and the Society of Architects.

It was one of the games I got for my birthday in July, and hadn't had a chance to play yet. I liked it. There's not a ton of strategic depth in it, but I liked it. I'd say it's a step up in complexity from Ticket to Ride, but not a huge step. Diane and Karen seemed to like it. Diane didn't cry like she did when we played Marvel Heroes. (True story!) I'd like to play it a few more times before I pass judgment on it.

I've been listening to The Refreshments again.

It's funny - it's been ten years since I listened to that album last, and I still know all the words.

Oh, and Pete & Pete:

Still awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home