Tuesday, December 13, 2005

All the Real Girls

I'm not a movie reviewer, and I don't intend for this to be a review as such, but I've got a few things to say in regards to the movie. Diane and I watched it together last night and it had more of an impact on me, emotionally, than I had at first realized. It didn't make me cry, but it was a pretty close call. I felt very involved with the characters in this film. It was really hard to watch the second half of the movie, because in a very real way, it was all happening for me too.
The movie is very slowly paced, almost dreamlike in its execution. Some of the reviews I've read have cited poor, uneven acting, but I'm inclined to disagree. Paul Schneider, and Zooey Deschanel both turn in very compelling, character driven performances. Perhaps not a mainstream hit, but well worth a viewing.
I thought I had more to say, but it turns out I lack the words with which to explain myself effectively.

I keep thinking about the scene in the bowling alley, but I don't know what I want to say about it...

2 Comments:

Blogger jim dandy said...

by the way, where did you rent that?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Diane purchased it used, from Bull Moose, for about the cost of a rental.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home