Tuesday, October 18, 2005

No Rock Operas Will be Written...

I can assure you that I am not a Pinball Wizard. I'm not even a Pinball Wizard's Apprentice. My friend Tim, whose position on the Pinball hierarchy is significantly further along than my own, can personally attest to my track record in regard to the machines in question.

So imagine my surprise when a chance encounter with a Stargate Pinball machine, in the Unity House of Pizza turns into a magical experience. An experience where, for the first and only time in my life, I have to walk away from the machine because I've run out of time instead of quarters. After I heard the machine 'knock' a third time, signaling my third free game, I had to give up and get back to work.

I don't know if it was the machine, or if I'm having some sort of internal Pinball Revolution, or if I just sort of stored up all those years of miserable pinballmanship (suck on that one, spellchecker) and let it all out in one glorious moment or pure, orgasmic Pinball.

Whatever the reason, I'm not anticipating a repeat performance. I'm content to bask in the muted light of my fifteen minutes of Pinball Glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home