Thursday, October 06, 2005

Serenity

So the whole gang met down in Augusta to catch the 7:20 showing of Serenity. Josh, Tim and I finished up the last couple episodes of Firefly a week or two ago so we were pretty excited to see the film. We also brought along a couple of Firefly/Serenity virgins - Diane among them - and I was very curious to hear their reactions to the movie.

Before the movie Diane had made a vaguely disparaging comment about the potential entertainment value of the movie, and I told her I'd pay her a dollar if she made it through the movie without laughing out loud at least once. I got to keep my dollar.

I liked it quite a lot. Diane said, (and I quote) "I'm glad you made me watch that. I liked it." Which means she liked it more than she was willing to admit. When I mentioned that the entire series was something like 14 episodes I got the impression that she wouldn't be totally opposed to the idea of watching it. Perhaps a little reluctant to undertake another series, (we're working through MacGyver and The X Files already) but not an outright refusal. That's something, I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Well, in the spirit of defending myself...

Yes, I liked Serenity. I actually liked it more than a little bit. This was CLEARLY evidenced by only one check of Justin's wristwatch during the movie.

However..
I made no disparaging comments, before or after. To disparage something is to belittle it. No way did I belittle anything. :) Any comments that I made were merely expressions of disinterest.

I also must point out that I watched not one, but TWO zombie movies this weekend. I enjoyed both of them.

I'm really not as closed minded as most people would think. I'm just stubborn.
Hmpf.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Stubborn is an acceptable adejective, yes. I'm glad you enjoyed the Zombie films - though even I have to admit, Return of the Living Dead is not a spectacular film. I suppose it doesn't claim to be any such thing.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home