Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Five Minutes of Fiction

For your reading pleasure I present you with five minutes of hastily prepared, completely improvised, and unedited fiction. Five minutes, because that's when my lunch ends...


He crammed a chunk of stale roast beef sandwich into his mouth, bits of shredded lettuce tumbling down his shirt front. The discarded sandwich wrapper lay at his feet. Pausing to chew and swallow, he raised a bottle of warm Pepsi to his lips. A lump of almost sour mayonnaise clung to the corner of his mouth.
He jumped as a small breeze sent the sandwich wrapper skittering across the concrete floor. Taking a step forward he put a foot down on the wrapper. He needed the quiet - needed to hear the silence.
How many? he wondered. How many were there? 30? Maybe 50? He shuddered. He could faintly hear them scratching on the outer walls upstairs.


Well, there're my five minutes... Just when I get rolling my time is up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home